- In a small bowl, combine the spices and salt, and sprinkle over both sides of the chicken.
- Dredge the chicken in the buttermilk, followed immediately by the flour. Shake off any excess.
- In a large, deep pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for 8-12 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with extra salt to serve.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Best cooked and consumed immediately. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or oven however the coating will soften.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 -12 mins
- Category: chicken, fried chicken, crispy fried chicken, southern fried chicken
- Method: deep pan fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Southern Fried Chicken, Southern Fried Chicken recipe