- 200g egg noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly minced
- 500g pork mince (or chicken mince)
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (substitute with rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tamari or all-purpose soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 fried eggs to serve (optional)
- Fried shallots to serve (optional)
- Chilli oil to serve (optional)
- Cook the egg noodles as per the packet instructions less 1 minute (this will stop them from over-cooking and breaking up). Rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil on high heat in a large, deep pan. Add the garlic and ginger, cook for 30 seconds and add the pork (or chicken mince if using).
- Brown the mince for 2-3 minutes, breaking it up as you go until it has changed colour.
- Add the Chinese cooking wine, brown sugar and tamari or soy sauce. Stir until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add the peas and corn, and cook for 1 minute until defrosted.
- Turn the heat off, and add the cooked noodles, spring onion, dark soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss to combine.
- Serve topped with fried eggs, fried shallots and chilli oil if using.
MAKE AHEAD – Best cooked and served immediately.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Noodles, pork
- Method: pan
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Sticky Pork Noodles, Sticky Pork Noodle recipe, pork noodle recipe