- 500g pork and veal mince (you can use pork or beef mince on their own too)
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk
- Add the meatball ingredients to a large bowl, use your hands to combine. Roll the meatballs, slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning frequently for 2-3 minutes until the outside is browned. Remove them from the pan and set aside (they will still be raw on the inside).
- Turn the heat down to medium, add the unsalted butter to the same pan.
- Once the butter is melted, add the flour. Use a whisk to stir for 1 minute. Once you have formed a paste, add the water and stock powder. Continue whisking. Your sauce will thicken. Return the meatballs to the sauce and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Top with finely sliced chives.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potato and green beans.
Make ahead: Follow step 1 of the recipe and store the meatballs for up to 3 days in an airtight container with baking paper in between the layers to stop the meatballs sticking. Cook as per recipe.
Freezing instructions: Follow step 1 of the recipe and store the meatballs up to 2 months in an airtight container with baking paper in between the layers to stop the meatballs sticking. Defrost overnight in the fridge and cook as per recipe.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.