- 500g pork and veal mince (you can use pork or beef mince on their own too)
- 1 large grated onion
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1/2 cup pure cream or thickened cream
- Combine all meatball ingredients except for oil. Roll into balls just smaller than a golf ball. I made 20 with my mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning until the outside is sealed. This will take 2-3 minutes. They will still be raw on the inside, remove them from the pan and put them on a plate.
- Turn heat to medium, add butter to the same pan, once melted, add flour. Use a whisk to stir for 1 minute. Once you have formed a paste, add the water and stock cube. Continue whisking. Your sauce will thicken. Return meatballs to the sauce and cook 8 minutes.
- Add cream and cook further 2 mins.
- Serve with your favourite sides! Mash potato and steamed green beans are always welcomed at our place.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.