Tomato and Burrata Salad
I adore the classic flavours in this simple salad. A fresh and indulgent dish, bursting with ripe, juicy tomatoes, fragrant basil, and luscious burrata. The key to making this salad is using only the freshest, highest-quality ingredients, especially when tomatoes are at their peak. Serve the burrata at room temperature to get the most from its creaminess.
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 6 1x
- 650g mixed mini heirloom tomatoes
- 100g burrata
- 1 tsp salt plus extra for seasoning to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1/4 bunch of basil leaves, picked
- Cut the tomatoes into halves, place in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes. The salt softens the tomatoes, draws out moisture, and intensifies their flavour.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a platter, top with the burrata, add extra salt (to taste), sprinkle with pepper, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (if using), and top with whole basil leaves.
- Serve with toasted sourdough.
MAKE AHEAD – Best made fresh.
LEFTOVERS – Best eaten immediately but can be refrigerated and eaten within 24 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 mins