- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 500g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 800g canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Rice to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef mince, and cook for 2-3 minutes until sealed.
- Add the paprika, black pepper, salt, cumin and cinnamon. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and peas. Stir for 1 minute.
- Stir through the tomato paste and add the crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, place the lid on, reduce to the lowest heat setting, and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 20 minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Category: stew, beef
- Method: deep pan
Keywords: Beef Mince and Pea Stew, Beef Mince and Pea Stew recipe