Beetroot and Feta Salad
- 2 packets Ben’s Original Wild Rice Medley Microwave Pouch prepared as per packet instructions (see note 1)
- 500g cooked, peeled beetroot cut into quarters (or tinned beetroot)
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup Persian feta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Arrange the rice on a large platter, spread it out evenly and top it with rocket, beetroot, onions, walnuts and Persian feta.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold.
Note 1 – You can use any rice you like, you require 2 cups of cooked rice. I do recommend using brown rice as it’s slightly more earthy and nutty in taste which pairs beautifully with beetroot. The benefit of using the microwave rice I’ve suggested is that this salad becomes a very quick and easy side dish that you can throw together with minimal fuss.
Make ahead: This salad is best made fresh but if you choose to make it in advance, leave the feta off until you’re ready to serve so that it isn’t discoloured by the beetroot.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.