Beetroot and Feta Salad
Perfect as a light lunch or side dish, my beetroot and feta salad is simple to make and bursts with vibrant colours and textures. With earthy beets, peppery rocket, creamy Persian feta cheese, crunchy walnuts and nutty wild rice, this salad is both filling and nutritious. I love to serve this dish as part of my salad lineup when I am entertaining, as it pairs beautifully with BBQ meats and much more!
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Serves: 8 1x
- 2 packets microwave wild rice, prepared as per packet instructions (see note 1)
- 500g cooked, peeled beetroot, cut into quarters (or tinned beetroot)
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup Persian feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Arrange the rice on a large platter, spread it out evenly and top it with rocket, beetroot, onions, walnuts and Persian feta.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold.
Note 1 – You can use any rice you like. You require 2 cups of cooked rice. I recommend brown rice as it’s slightly more earthy and nutty, which pairs beautifully with beetroot. The benefit of the microwave rice is that this salad becomes quick and easy, which you can throw together with minimal fuss.
MAKE AHEAD – This salad is best made fresh, but if you choose to make it in advance, leave the feta off until you’re ready to serve so that the beetroot doesn’t discolour it.
LEFTOVERS – Best eaten immediately but leftovers can be stored in the fridge and eaten within 24 hours.
- Prep Time: 5 mins