- 2 packets microwave wild rice, prepared as per packet instructions (see note 1)
- 2 cups rocket/arugula leaves
- 500 g cooked, peeled beetroot, cut into quarters (or tinned beetroot)
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup Persian feta cheese
- Arrange the rice on a large platter, spread it out evenly and top with rocket, beetroot, onions, walnuts and Persian feta.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold.
Note 1 – You can use any rice you like. You require 2 cups of cooked rice. As an alternative to wild rice, I recommend brown rice as it’s slightly more earthy and nutty, which pairs beautifully with the beetroot. The benefit of microwave rice is that this salad becomes quick and easy, and you can throw it together with minimal fuss.
Because this Beetroot and Feta Salad is so quick and easy to put together, it is best made fresh, but if you choose to make it in advance and refrigerate it (up to 24 hours prior), leave the feta off the salad until you’re ready to serve (to avoid the beetroot discolouring the feta).
Beetroot and Feta Salad is best made and eaten immediately, but don’t throw out your leftovers! Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. The feta and beetroot will bleed into one another which may not look as pretty as when you first made it, but the flavours will be equally delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: salad, side dish
- Method: combine
Keywords: beetroot and feta salad, beetroot salad recipe, beetroot and feta salad