Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
Looking for a comforting one-pot dish that’s easy to make? Look no further than my Chicken and Mushroom Risotto recipe! With a little kettle hack, you can have this delicious risotto ready in no time. Tender chicken and mushrooms are cooked with arborio rice, white wine, chicken stock, and freshly grated parmesan cheese. The result is a creamy and satisfying risotto perfect for any occasion. Follow this recipe, and you’ll have a delicious meal on the table in just a few easy steps!
- Total Time: 26 mins
- Serves: 4-6 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 500g chicken thigh fillet, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine (see note 1 for substitutes)
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 full kettle of boiled water
- Bring a full kettle of water to a boil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the chicken thigh and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute, until translucent.
- Add the white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes until it is mostly evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock powder and 1 cup of boiled water from the kettle. Stir the mixture until the water absorbs and repeat this process for 18 minutes or until the rice is thoroughly cooked (you may need to boil another kettle of water).
- Stir until the water absorbs, and then add water again, stirring.
- Once the rice is cooked, take the pot off the heat. Stir through the butter and parmesan.
- Serve with extra parmesan sprinkled on top, and enjoy!
Note 1 – ½ cup of chicken stock can be used, or the wine can be omitted entirely if preferred.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight before use. Reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins