- 1 tbsp ghee, coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tsp minced ginger (note 1)
- 2 heaped tbsp korma paste (note 2)
- 500g chicken thigh fillet cubed (approximately 2cm pieces)
- 400ml can coconut cream
- Natural greek yoghurt and coriander to serve on top (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet on high heat. Add onions and ginger, cook until soft and fragrant for 2-3 minutes.
- Add korma paste. Stir for 30 seconds..
- Add chicken, cook until sealed for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and sugar, simmer for 8 minutes.
- Top with a swirl of natural greek yoghurt & coriander if using.
- Serve with your favourite sides (note 3).
Note 1 – I keep ginger in the freezer in a reusable zip lock bag to grate on demand. Simply wash and freeze (it is not necessary to peel, completely optional). It will keep up to 3 months.
Note 2 – My favourite korma paste at time of writing this recipe is this one. I try and look for pastes with no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
Note 3 – I love serving with papadums, naan bread and rice. You may like to try my fresh, pineapple and coriander salsa.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.