- 100g vermicelli rice noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned (see note 1)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup poached chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup coriander, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup mint, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp fried shallots (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Arrange rice noodles, red cabbage, green cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, chicken, coriander and mint in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle over the salad. Top with fried shallots and sesame seeds (if using).
Note 1 – A julienne peeler is an inexpensive solution that will make light work of cutting your vegetables.
MAKE AHEAD – This salad is perfect for on-the-go lunches. Make it ahead and store the dressing separately to drizzle on top when you are ready to serve. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
LEFTOVERS – Once dressed, refrigerate and consume within 24 hours. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: salad, chicken salad, noodle salad
- Method: pan, combine
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
Keywords: Chicken Noodle Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing, Chicken Noodle Salad, Chicken Noodle Salad recipe