Chicken Noodle Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned (see note 1)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup poached chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup coriander, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup mint, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp fried shallots (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (or honey)
- 1 tbsp tamari (or all purpose soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or rice wine vinegar)
- Arrange rice noodles, red cabbage, green cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, chicken, coriander and mint in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle over the salad. Top fried shallots and sesame seeds (if using).
Note 1 – A julienne peeler is an inexpensive solution that will make light work of cutting your vegetables.
Make ahead – This salad is perfect for on-the-go lunches. Make it ahead and store the dressing separately to drizzle on top when you are ready to serve. Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.