Chicken Noodle Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing
Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make salad that’s perfect for lunch? Look no further than this Chicken Noodle Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing! This salad is both nutritious and satisfying, featuring vermicelli noodles, poached chicken, and a colourful array of shredded vegetables. Plus, its simple yet flavorful sesame soy dressing will surely become a staple in your meal prep routine.
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned (see note 1)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup poached chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup coriander, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup mint, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp fried shallots (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (or honey)
- 1 tbsp tamari (or all-purpose soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or rice wine vinegar)
- Arrange rice noodles, red cabbage, green cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts, chicken, coriander and mint in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle over the salad. Top with fried shallots and sesame seeds (if using).
Note 1 – A julienne peeler is an inexpensive solution that will make light work of cutting your vegetables.
MAKE AHEAD – This salad is perfect for on-the-go lunches. Make it ahead and store the dressing separately to drizzle on top when you are ready to serve. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
LEFTOVERS – Once dressed, refrigerate and consume within 24 hours. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 15 mins