Creamy Corn Salad
This Creamy Corn Salad is a delicious and refreshing side dish that is perfect for your next Mexican spread. It is so easy to make and can be made ahead, making mealtime and entertaining a breeze. Serve it piled high on Fish Tacos or as a side to my Mexican Slow Cooked Beef. Made with corn, spring onions, coriander and a creamy, tangy dressing it is bursting with flavour and perfect for your next easy weeknight dinner or relaxed weekend get-together!
- Total Time: 12 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- 4 cups frozen, fresh or tinned corn kernels
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 100g danish feta, crumbled
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- Steam the fresh or frozen corn by adding it to a microwave safe container with a splash of water, and the lid ajar. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Alternatively bring a small pot of water to the boil and cook the corn for 2-3 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain. If using tinned corn, simply drain it.
- To a large bowl add the corn, spring onions, coriander, parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, the salt, pepper and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Crumble with the feta and top with sliced jalapeno if using.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Prepare the salad but hold off topping with feta and sliced jalapenos to retain maximum freshness. Store for up to 3 days in the fridge. Top with feta and jalapenos just before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins