Creamy Pesto Pasta Salad
Try this fresh twist on a classic pasta salad. This delicious creamy pesto pasta salad recipe combines the nutty flavour of toasted pine nuts, the freshness of rocket or spinach leaves, the tanginess of feta cheese, and the richness of creamy pesto dressing. This salad is perfect for a light lunch, a summer picnic, or the perfect BBQ side dish. And the best part? It’s ready to enjoy in under 10 minutes!
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2 1x
- 2 cups of rocket or spinach leaves
- 1 cup cooked pasta of choice
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup poached or roasted chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted pinenuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 heaped tbsp pesto
- 2 heaped tbsp Greek plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp water
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle over the salad ingredients and toss to combine.
MAKE AHEAD – Prepare the salad as per the recipe up to 24 hours before consuming, but leave the rocket and basil leaves to the side. Toss through the rocket and basil leaves just before serving.
LEFTOVERS – Best eaten immediately, but leftovers can be refrigerated and consumed within 24 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 mins