Easy Mushroom & Pea Risotto
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 4 big handfuls of arborio rice (1 handful per person so just add more handfuls if you are cooking for more people!)
- 1/2 cup of wine (optional, just use more stock if you don’t want to add wine)
- 3 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 500g mushrooms (any variety you like, sliced)
- 3/4 cups peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- A full kettle of water boiled
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot on low heat, add your oil and sautee the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the rice, sautee until translucent – It will only take 2 minutes.
- Add your mushrooms, sautee additional 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook off for 1 minute until it’s near evaporated.
- Add 3 whole chicken stock cubes to the pot and pour in around 1/2 cup of boiling water straight from the kettle.
- Stir gently until water evaporates and continue adding in 1/2 cup intervals. You may need to boil the kettle again. This process will take around 15 minutes.
- Add your peas towards the end of the cooking process (at the 12 minute mark).
- Once the rice is fluffy and soft, it’s ready. Make sure you try it as you go!
- Once the rice is cooked, remove it from the heat, season with salt and pepper, add your parmesan and butter. Stir through. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes to let the butter and parmesan sink into the rice.
- Serve – Delicious!
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.