- Whole chicken
- 300ml cream
- Juice of 1 lemon, the remaining lemon cut into slices
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 6 whole garlic cloves (skin removed)
- 1 tsp oregano (or any herb you like!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c fan forced.
- Wash chicken, pat dry with paper towel (make sure it’s super dry, this is how you get crispy skin!).
- Rub chicken with oil, salt, pepper and your herb of choice. Put your lemon slices inside the chicken, this doesn’t really flavour it but gives it an incredible aroma when it comes out of the oven.
- In the bottom of a baking dish, add your cream, 1 cup of water, lemon juice and garlic pieces. Carefully place your chicken in the centre.
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check every half hour, if the sauce starts to stick add a little more stock (mix a stock cube with some water and gradually add).
- You will be left with chicken that is super crispy up top but succulent and falling apart down the bottom. Use the back of a fork to gently squash the soft garlic into the buttery sauce.
- I served with air fryer chips (see recipe here) and steamed frozen green beans but this would work really well with pasta or rice to soak up the delicious sauce!
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.