One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken
Looking for a delicious and hassle-free meal that the whole family will love? Try my one-pot creamy lemon chicken recipe! It’s quick and easy to put together, and the flavorful golden sauce is sure to impress. Keep in mind that the sauce is thin and based on the stock rather than cream. You can easily transform this into a one-pot dinner by adding a cup of risoni or jasmine rice to the sauce before baking.
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 6–8 chicken thigh cutlets, approximately 1.2kg (thigh fillets can be used)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and stems discarded
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to a 200°C fan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika, and use your hands to ensure it’s evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large, ovenproof skillet. Cook the chicken for 5-8 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add the butter and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and cook, stirring for 30 seconds while scraping the crispy bits in the pan.
- Add the chicken stock powder, thickened cream, spinach, thyme and 1 cup of water to the pan. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds, until spinach has wilted. Stir in the parmesan.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Cook in the oven uncovered for 30 mins.
- Rest at least 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to mingle and the chicken to rest and soften.
- Serve with your favourite sides – Mashed potato, pasta, rice or crusty bread.
Note the consistency of this sauce is that of a thin broth (it is not a creamy, thick sauce).
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins