- 6–8 chicken thigh cutlets, approximately 1.2kg (thigh fillets can be used)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and stems discarded
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to a 200°C fan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika, and use your hands to ensure it’s evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large, ovenproof skillet. Cook the chicken for 5-8 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add the butter and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and cook, stirring for 30 seconds while scraping the crispy bits in the pan.
- Add the chicken stock powder, thickened cream, spinach, thyme and 1 cup of water to the pan. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds, until spinach has wilted. Stir in the parmesan.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Cook in the oven uncovered for 30 mins.
- Rest at least 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to mingle and the chicken to rest and soften.
- Serve with your favourite sides – Mashed potato, pasta, rice or crusty bread.
Note the consistency of this sauce is that of a thin broth (it is not a creamy, thick sauce).
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: chicken, one pot meal, one pot chicken
- Method: pan sear, bake
- Cuisine: German
Keywords: One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken, One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken recipe