Mexican Beef Casserole
Are you looking for a delicious and easy midweek dinner idea? Look no further than this flavorful Mexican beef casserole recipe! With fragrant and perfectly cooked rice made in one pot, this hearty casserole is the perfect meal to satisfy your craving for a delicious Mexican fiesta. With all your favourite toppings included, this recipe will surely become a family favourite!
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 500g regular beef mince
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g can kidney beans (or any beans of choice)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2.5 cups beef stock
- 1 1/4 cup jasmine or basmati rice
- 1 cup tasty cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 fresh coriander leaves picked (optional)
- Red and green chilli, sliced (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Heat the olive oil on high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef mince, and cook for 2-4 minutes or until browned, breaking it up as you go.
- Add the paprika, cumin, onion powder, coriander powder, oregano and salt. Stir for 30 seconds to coat the beef and onion mixture.
- Stir through the tomato paste, then add the kidney beans and corn. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the beef stock and rice. Bring to a boil and then reduce to the lowest heat setting, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat. Leave the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tasty cheese and sprinkle with your favourite toppings!
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate the cooked Mexican Beef Casserole for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely overnight in the fridge to use. Reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins