- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 500g regular beef mince
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g can kidney beans (or any beans of choice)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2.5 cups beef stock
- 1 1/4 cup jasmine or basmati rice
- 1 cup tasty cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 fresh coriander leaves picked (optional)
- Red and green chilli, sliced (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Heat the olive oil on high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef mince, and cook for 2-4 minutes or until browned, breaking it up as you go.
- Add the paprika, cumin, onion powder, coriander powder, oregano and salt. Stir for 30 seconds to coat the beef and onion mixture.
- Stir through the tomato paste, then add the kidney beans and corn. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the beef stock and rice. Bring to a boil and then reduce to the lowest heat setting, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat. Leave the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tasty cheese and sprinkle with your favourite toppings!
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate the cooked Mexican Beef Casserole for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely overnight in the fridge to use. Reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: mexican, beef, casserole
- Method: pan
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican Beef Casserole, Mexican Beef Casserole recipe