One Pot Creamy Pesto Gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g bacon (approximately 3 bacon rashers), cut into small strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 300ml pure cream (or thickened cream)
- 2 cups freezer vegetables (I used broccoli and peas)
- 500g fresh potato gnocchi (see note 1)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add bacon, cook 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook stirring for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add pesto, pure cream (or thickened cream if using) and freezer vegetables. Cook 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the potato gnocchi and spinach leaves. Cook 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the parmesan cheese.
- Top with chilli flakes if using.
Note 1 – Fresh gnocchi are called for in this recipe. You will find these in the refrigerated section in the super market. I have linked my favourite brand, Grand Italian Potato Gnocchi which are made free of artificial ingredients. They are by far the best I’ve tried in terms of texture and taste – Very similar to what my Mum makes.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.