- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 700g passata
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tsp black cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 250g ready-made lasagne sheets
- 300g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup basil, leaves picked
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep, oven-proof skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the beef mince and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the tomato paste, bay leaves, passata, beef stock, pepper and salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Tear or snap the lasagna sheets in half. Using tongs, submerge the lasagna sheets into the sauce, changing directions and distributing the sheets as evenly as you can (although it doesn’t need to be perfect!)
- Place the lid on, and cook on the lowest heat setting according to the lasagna sheet packet instructions (mine took 20 minutes).
- Preheat the oven grill.
- Use a fork to check the pasta is cooked (the fork should pierce the pasta easily). Top the lasagna with slices of mozzarella and grill for 5 minutes until golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge to reheat (freezing in individual portions helps with this). Reheat in the microwave or oven.
How to include bechamel sauce – Follow the lasagna recipe until step 7 but hold off on the mozzarella. Simply drizzle with 2 cups of bechamel sauce and then top with 1 cup of freshly grated mozzarella cheese. Proceed to grill for 5 minutes until golden and bubbly. Leave the lasagna to sit for at least 15 minutes once it’s out of the oven to allow the sauces to firm up before serving. You’ll find my bechamel sauce recipe here.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Pasta
- Method: pan, bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: One Pot Lasagna, One Pot Lasagna recipe