Oysters with Red Wine Vinaigrette
This is one of those dishes my husband and I would always order out. If I knew it was as easy as visiting my fish shop and mixing a few ingredients together, I would have started making it at home much sooner! We love enjoying this recipe on a date night in. This recipe traditionally calls for eschalot. I use red onion, which is more intense in flavour and much more easily accessible.
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 12 natural small-medium sized Sydney rock oysters (or oysters of choice)
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine the dressing ingredients.
- Place the oysters on a serving plate, and drizzle with dressing.
MAKE AHEAD – Prepare the dressing and refrigerate it for up to 2 days before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins