10 Minute Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 500g packet of your favourite pasta (I used spirals)
- 1 chicken breast (roughly 300g) sliced thinly (roughly 1/2cm thick)
- 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup pesto (you can use fresh, but I use this one to make this the ultimate speedy midweek dinner)
- 1 cup pure cream
- 2 1/2 cups frozen vegetables (I used 2 cups of frozen broccoli and 1/2 cup of peas)
- 1/2 cup parmesan freshly grated plus extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp salt to season
- Fresh chilli in olive oil (optional)
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 1-2 minutes until chicken is sealed, it doesn’t need to be cooked through.
- Add garlic and continue stirring 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add pesto, cream and vegetables, place lid on and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir through pasta and parmesan, season with salt to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with extra parmesan and fresh chilli in olive oil if using.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.