Coconut Red Curry Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 270ml coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 x bok choy cut in half lengthways (or 2 cups of vegetables of choice, see note 1)
- 250g ramen noodles, egg noodles or soba noodles
- 200g fried tofu puffs (optional)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Lime wedges to serve
- Sliced spring onion to serve
- Sliced fresh chilli to serve (optional)
- Black sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook 1-2 minutes until it changes colour and begins to slightly brown.
- Add the curry paste, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, 2 cups of water and 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer, add vegetables, cook 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and tofu puffs (if using), cook 2 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with bean sprouts, lime wedges, spring onion, fresh chilli and black sesame seeds (if using).
Note 1 – Broccoli (fresh or frozen), choy sum, green beans, snow peas and mushrooms work well with this recipe.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.