Coconut Red Curry Noodle Soup
- 125g egg noodles
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 300g chicken thigh fillet cubed
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 270ml coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 200g fried tofu puffs (optional)
- 1 x bok choy cut in half lengthways (or 1-2 cups of vegetables of choice)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Lime wedges to serve
- Sliced spring onion to serve
- Sliced fresh chilli to serve (optional)
- Black sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions less 1 minute, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil on high heat, add chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes or until sealed and slightly browned.
- Add red curry paste, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, 4 cups of water and 1 chicken stock cube.
- Bring to the boil and then add tofu puffs. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- In the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add bok choy or vegetables of choice.
- In the last 1 minute of cooking, return noodles to the pot.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with bean sprouts, lime wedges, spring onion, fresh chilli and black sesame seeds (if using).
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.