- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and apple. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add the red cabbage, and cook for 2 minutes until it softens.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, salt, brown sugar, pepper and 1/3 cup water. Cook, stirring for 1 minute until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, place the lid on, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring halfway. If you find the cabbage is sticking at the halfway point, add 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Add the sultanas, and cook for another 15 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Serve with pork schnitzel or goulash.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Cook the Sautéed Red Cabbage as per the recipe. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely overnight in the fridge. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: side dish, red cabbage,
- Method: sautee
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: Sauteed Red Cabbage, Sauteed Red Cabbage recipe