- 500g beef mince (can sub with chicken mince or any beans)
- 400g can kidney beans (optional)
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Serving suggestions (below guides serve 4)
- 2 cups corn chips
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese (I used Tasty)
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños
- 1 spring onion sliced finely
- 1 cup corn
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Heat oil in large skilled on high heat.
- Add onion, cooking until soft for 2 mins.
- Add beef and cook until browned for 2-3 mins.
- Add kidney beans, all spices & salt. Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and 1/4 cup of water. Cook 3 minutes.
- Serve beef and bean mix with your favourite Mexican toppings.
Note: I like to plate the corn chips and beef mixture, top with cheese and place under the grill for 3 minutes. Be careful removing the plates from the oven, they will be hot!
Can taco bowls be made ahead? Yes! You can make the beef and bean mix and either refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months (leave in the fridge overnight to thaw and reheat in the pan or microwave). The toppings can also be prepped in advance and refrigerated up to 3 days.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.