- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 500g regular beef mince (can be substituted with chicken mince or any beans)
- 400g can kidney beans (or any beans of choice)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the beef mince and cook until browned for 2-3 mins.
- Add the paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Stir for 1 minute.
- Stir through the tomato paste and ¼ cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and spring onion. Serve shredded red cabbage, diced tomato, sliced avocado, jalapenos, corn kernels and lime wedges on the side.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Make the beef and bean mixture and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the microwave. The toppings can also be prepared in advance and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 6 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Category: tacos, bowl, beef
- Method: pan
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Taco Bowl, Taco Bowl recipe