The BEST Chicken Sandwich Filling
- 900g chicken breast poached and finely chopped – this is approximately 4 small or 3 large chicken breasts (see note 1)
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pickles or gherkins
- 1/4 bunch parsley finely chopped
- S&P to taste (I used 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper)
- 16 slices of bread to make 8 sandwiches or 6 brioche rolls (pictured)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Serve on sandwiches or brioche rolls.
Can Chicken Sandwich Filling be made ahead? Yes. Keep it refrigerated in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze Chicken Sandwich Filling? I do not recommend freezing chicken sandwich filling. Mayonnaise does not tend to freeze well, it can separate and the chicken can also dry out. This one is best made fresh and kept in the fridge.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.