The BEST Chicken Sandwich Filling
Warning – you will be asked to make this recipe repeatedly! Perfectly poached chicken in a creamy dressing spiked with red onions, gherkins and parsley. This Chicken Sandwich Filling is the answer to your next picnic, afternoon tea or grazing platter. Whether served in finger sandwiches, stuffed into a brioche roll or wrapped in flatbread, this filling is absolutely delicious and easy to make.
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 900g chicken breast poached and finely chopped – this is approximately 4 small or 3 large chicken breasts (see note 1)
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup pickles or gherkins, finely diced
- 1/4 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 slices of bread to make 8 sandwiches or 18 mini dinner rolls (pictured)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Serve in sandwiches, wraps, brioche or bake-at-home mini dinner rolls.
Note 1 – Check out this recipe for easy poached chicken. Roast chicken leftovers can also be used (but watch how much salt is added).
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
I have made this recipe twice for a crowd. It is budget friendly, the poaching chicken was such an on point trick & the recipe ticks all the taste bud demands!
Absolutely Delish as Nic says!! 😃
I am going to a picnic this weekend and I’m making sausage rolls and these! Haha! I am a one trick pony but they truly are the best! And yes, absolutely delish! 😂😍 I am SO glad you love it as much as we do! Nic x