Deliciously simple Zucchini Slice. Whether it’s for a light lunch or picnic, lunchbox addition or as a side to a main meal, Zucchini Slice is a firm family favourite at our place! You can eat it warm or cold, and it freezes brilliantly too. Customise it and mix in your favourite combination of vegetables or keep it classic as I have with generous amounts of zucchini, corn, bacon and cheese. It’s as easy as mixing the ingredients and baking them in the oven until golden brown. Budget-friendly, quick to prepare and packed with vegetables, this is a recipe your whole family will love.
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/2 tsp olive oil (to grease slice tin)
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup bacon, sliced into small strips (approximately 3 rashers)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (optional, see note 1)
- 1 cup tasty cheese or any cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup brown onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease a slice tin (approximately 20cm x 30cm) and line it with baking paper.
- Combine ingredients and spoon into greased slice tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until set and until slightly starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Allow to stand 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note 1 – You can use frozen, fresh or canned corn.
Can I substitute the vegetables in Zucchini Slice? Yes! This recipe calls for 2.5 cups of vegetables, and you can use any you like. Grated carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato or finely diced capsicum would all work brilliantly.
MAKE AHEAD AND LEFTOVERS – Zucchini sliced can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the microwave or eat cold.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins