Baked Chicken Risotto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 500g chicken thigh cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 sprigs thyme (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Fresh sliced chilli and parmesan to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven 180c fan forced.
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large, oven proof skillet.
- Add onion and garlic, cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken thigh, cook stirring 3 minutes until sealed.
- Add arborio rice, 4 cups chicken stock, 2 sprigs of thyme (if using), salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes.
- Stir through spinach leaves and parmesan (see note 1). Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving (see note 2).
- Serve with extra parmesan and chilli if using.
Note 1 – You could also try adding semi-dried tomatoes, peas, half a jar of pesto or steamed broccoli florets.
Note 2 – Once the risotto comes out of the oven, there will be pools of liquid at the top. Give it a good stir. As the risotto sits, the liquid will absorb. If there is still too much liquid, return the risotto to the oven for 5 minutes.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.