- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum/bell pepper, finely sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt flakes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 mini flour or corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Lime wedges
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander/cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F fan-forced.
- Add the sliced chicken, red and yellow capsicum, red onions, garlic, sweet paprika, cumin powder, dried oregano, onion powder, salt flakes, honey and olive oil to a large baking tray. Use your hands to toss well so that the chicken and vegetables are coated evenly (see note 1).
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and browned.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, topped with sour cream, lime juice, sliced jalapeños (if using) and roughly chopped coriander.
Note 1 – Make sure the pan isn’t overcrowded; this stops the chicken and vegetables from “steaming” instead of getting golden and seared. Use two baking trays if required (one on the top tray of the oven and one on the bottom tray, swapping halfway through cooking).
These Chicken Fajitas are the perfect recipe to make ahead of time! Arrange the marinated chicken and vegetables on a baking tray (follow step 2 of the recipe) and refrigerate, covered, for up to 48 hours or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely in the fridge prior to cooking as per the recipe.
Chicken Fajitas reheat well, perfect for a quick dinner or lunch! Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat and serve in wraps or with rice. Leftover cooked Chicken Fajitas are not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
Keywords: chicken fajitas, chicken fajita tray bake, sheet pan chicken fajitas