This deliciously creamy mushroom sauce is super easy to prepare. Made with just a handful of ingredients, this sauce comes together in no time and adds a rich, savoury flavour to any dish. Whether serving pub-style chicken schnitzel or a perfectly cooked steak, a generous drizzle of this creamy mushroom sauce will take your meal to the next level.
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4 1x
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the sliced mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, stirring for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, reduce the heat to medium, add the thickened cream and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir through the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt.
Makes approximately 2 cups of sauce, enough to drizzle over 4 chicken schnitzels/steaks generously.
MAKE AHEAD – Best prepared and served fresh.
LEFTOVERS – Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or stovetop. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins