- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the sliced mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, stirring for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, reduce the heat to medium, add the thickened cream and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir through the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt.
Makes approximately 2 cups of sauce, enough to drizzle over 4 chicken schnitzels/steaks generously.
MAKE AHEAD – Best prepared and served fresh.
LEFTOVERS – Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or stovetop. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: sauce, mushroom sauce
- Method: pan
Keywords: Mushroom Sauce, Mushroom Sauce recipe