Ginger Chicken Noodles
- 250g thin egg noodles
- 2 tbsp tamari or all-purpose soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly minced
- 300g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup bean sprouts, plus extra to serve
- 1 bunch choy sum, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- Sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- Prepare the thin egg noodles as per the packet instructions less 1 minute. Rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl, add the tamari, chicken stock, brown sugar and corn flour and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil on high heat in a large skillet. Add the ginger and cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add the chicken breast, cook for 2 minutes until it has changed colour and immediately add the mushrooms, bean sprouts, choy sum and sugar snap peas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and sauce, cook for 1 minute until heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve topped with
- Serve topped with extra bean sprouts, spring onion, chilli and sesame seeds if using.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.