- 500g regular beef mince
- 250g pork mince
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add the meatball ingredients to a large bowl, and combine well using your hands. Measure out a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll it to form a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Set the meatballs aside.
- Add olive oil and garlic to a large skillet on medium heat. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the passata, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer and then drop in the meatballs. Spoon over some of the sauce on top of the meatballs.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cook for 40 minutes with the lid on.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions for less than 1 minute.
- Serve the pasta topped with the meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle it with parmesan cheese.
MAKE AHEAD – Assemble the meatballs as per the recipe. Refrigerate the uncooked meatballs for up to 3 days, and freeze for up to 3 months. Store in an airtight container or reusable sandwich bag. Use baking paper between the layers of meatballs to stop them from sticking. Thaw completely overnight in the fridge. Cook as per the recipe.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight before use. Reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: beef, meatballs, beef meatballs
- Method: deep pan, skillet
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Homemade Meatballs, Homemade Meatballs recipe