Sticky Soy Chicken Wings
Fall of the bone, easy, sticky soy chicken wings. These are budget-friendly, and I love how simple they are to prepare. The marinade is made with accessible supermarket ingredients. It’s the perfect balance of salty and sweet, and trust me, they are addictive!
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chilli oil (optional)
- 2 cucumbers cut into chunks
- 1.2kg chicken wings cut into drumettes and wingettes
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- 1 spring onion sliced (optional)
- 1 birds eye chilli sliced (optional)
- Rice to serve
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup tamari or all-purpose soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (substitute with white vinegar)
- Combine the cucumber pickle ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to a 180°C fan.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish that is large enough so that the chicken is not overlapping. Add the marinade ingredients to the dish ensuring the chicken is evenly coated.
- Cook for 1 hour, turning halfway through and adding ¼ cup water to the base of the pan.
- Allow the chicken to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the wings with sesame seeds, spring onion and chilli if using.
- Serve with rice and cucumber pickle, or try my homemade coleslaw.
MAKE AHEAD – Marinate the chicken wings as per the recipe and freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight to use. Cook as per the recipe.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Delicious! So simple and easy to make with very common household ingredients which made this one an easy last minute pick when I purchased some Wings on sale at the Butcher x
We absolutely love this one too – Fantastic to hear you enjoyed it, thank you so much! 😍