- Preheat the oven to a 200°C fan and preheat the baking tray too. The baking tray must be big enough to fit the potatoes without overlapping them.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Cut large potatoes into eighths.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water (ensure there isn’t too much water; the potatoes should be just submerged).
- Place the pot on high heat. Once the water starts to boil rapidly, turn it down to a simmer and boil for 2 minutes (set a timer).
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the olive oil to the preheated baking tray in the oven (leave the tray in the oven so that the olive oil warms).
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and shake them around to rough up the edges. Add the two teaspoons of flour and stir to coat the potatoes as evenly as possible (the potatoes may break up a little, which is okay).
- Add the potatoes to the baking tray (the oil will be hot and will splatter, so be careful). Turn the potatoes, so they are evenly coated in the oil. Add the salt.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Turn them over and then cook again for 15 minutes. Continue this process until your potatoes are perfectly crisp. It should take 45 minutes, depending on the strength of your oven.
- Sprinkle it with remaining salt and serve.
MAKE AHEAD – The best way to prepare roasted potatoes in advance is to peel and cut them as per step 2 and then cover them with water (so they are completely submerged) and refrigerate them. It’s important that salt isn’t added as the potatoes will go brown. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours, drain, pat dry with a paper towel and proceed with step 3.
LEFTOVERS – Leftover roasted potatoes reheat surprisingly well. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave (the potatoes will soften) or in a 180°C preheated fan oven for 10-15 minutes (to retain some crispiness).
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: potato, roast potato, crispy roast potato
- Method: bake
Keywords: The BEST Roast Potatoes, The BEST Roast Potato recipe