Peri Peri Chicken Oven Baked
Spice up your next roast chicken with my Peri Peri Chicken Oven Baked recipe. This dish is sure to impress, made with a free-range chicken and a flavorful marinade of char-grilled capsicum, fresh garlic, onion powder, sweet paprika, and oregano. The best part? It requires little effort and is baked in the oven, making it the perfect meal for any night of the week.
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Serves: 4 1x
- 1.2kg – 1.8kg free-range chicken
- 3/4 cup marinated char-grilled capsicum, drained
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- Steamed broccoli and corn to serve
- Steamed rice to serve
- Preheat the oven to a 180°C fan.
- Add the capsicum, garlic clove, onion powder, sweet paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil to a blender or food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray, and drizzle with the capsicum marinade, using your hands to coat. Reserve 1 tbsp of the marinade.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, adding ½ cup of water to the baking tray halfway through (45 minutes into the cooking time).
- Mix the reserved marinade with the mayonnaise to form a dipping sauce.
- Rest the chicken loosely covered in foil for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, corn and rice with the peri-peri dipping sauce on the side.
MAKE AHEAD – Marinate and refrigerate the chicken for up to 24 hours before cooking.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave (the chicken skin will soften). Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1.15 hours