Peri Peri Chicken Oven Baked
- 1 whole chicken
- 3/4 cup marinated char-grilled capsicum (drained)
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- Add all marinade ingredients to a blender, food processor or nutri-bullet and blitz until smooth
- Coat your chicken. Yes. It’s really that easy!
- I reserve a bit of the marinade to mix into whole egg mayonnaise as a dipping sauce.
- Bake your chicken for 1 hour – check half way and add 1/2 cup of water if your sauce is starting to blacken or stick to the base of the tray.
- If at 1 hour of cooking time your chicken wing does not easily come away or juices are not running clear between the leg and thigh, cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Ensure you rest your chicken for at least 15 minutes uncovered before eating – This will ensure it is moist and succulent.
- I like serving with plain boiled rice or potato wedges and vegetables.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.