- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp regular paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small cucumber, grated and excess juice squeezed out
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic, freshly minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 wraps – Try this two ingredient flatbread recipe
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- Combine the chicken ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine using your hands or tongs so that the chicken is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Combine the tzatziki ingredients, set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy based skillet on medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Turn regularly during cooking and add 1/2 cup of water in the final 2 minutes of cooking or sooner if needed (see note 1). Slice the chicken into strips, tossing it through the juices in the pan or leave it whole.
- Serve the wraps topped with tzatziki, parsley, tomatoes, the cooked chicken and red onion.
Note 1 – The water will help to deglaze the pan and will help to create a sticky, caramelised glaze on the chicken. If the chicken is starting to caramelise very quickly and stick to the base of the pan, you can add the water sooner.
MAKE AHEAD – Marinate the chicken up to 24 hours prior to cooking. The tzatziki can be prepared and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate leftover chicken for up to 3 days. Reheat until piping hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: wraps, chicken wrap, chicken kebab
- Method: deep pan, skillet
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Chicken Tzatziki Wraps, Chicken Wraps