There’s nothing more Aussie than the classic beef rissole! Made with just a handful of simple ingredients, these juicy patties are perfect for any night of the week. Simply combine the ingredients, shape them into patties, and fry in olive oil until golden brown and perfectly cooked. Serve with your favourite sides for a hearty and delicious meal.
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 500g regular beef mince (can be substituted with pork or chicken mince)
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, freshly minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Add the beef mince, onion, minced garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and salt to a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine and roll the mixture into the size of golf balls. Flatten using the palm of your hand to form the rissoles.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the rissoles for 8-10 minutes, turning once halfway.
MAKE AHEAD – Assemble the rissoles as per the recipe. Refrigerate uncooked rissoles for up to 3 days, and freeze for up to 3 months in an air-tight container or reusable sandwich bag. Use baking paper to stop the rissoles from sticking. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight before use. Cook as per the recipe.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave. Not suitable to freeze.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
OMG!! I made these last night for my extremely fussy family. They were absolutely delicious! Everyone loved them. I was actually disappointed when I had finished what was on my plate because I wanted more!! . Give them a try, your family will love them!