- 500g beef mince (chicken or pork works beautifully too)
- 1 onion grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Combine all ingredients aside from oil in a bowl.
- Roll mixture into golf ball size – Flatten slightly.
- Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil. Cook rissoles 4-5 minutes on each side until golden.
- These work great on the barbecue too (pictured). They will caramelise quickly but don’t worry, the darkened colour is just extra flavour!
- I served with potato salad (steamed potato and sliced red onion dressed in apple cider vinegar, olive oil and seasoning), a spinach salad (spinach leaves and feta dressed in lemon juice and olive oil) and a beetroot relish.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.