10 Minute One Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini
Spinach and ricotta tortellini are made delicious with a simple garlic, cream and tomato-based sauce. The cook time is 7 minutes. 7 minutes! And with minimal prep! Definitely faster than any takeaway order. The tomato juices and chicken stock create an amazing flavour. Cream and lashings of parmesan top it off. The beauty of this recipe is that the tortellini does not need to be precooked. It is simply added to the sauce making this the perfect fast and easy, one-pot family dinner.
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 4 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2–3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 600g spinach and ricotta tortellini (or any fresh tortellini/ravioli of choice)
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Extra parmesan and chilli oil to serve (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock. Cook for 2 minutes, and then use the back of a fork to squash the tomatoes gently.
- Add the tomato paste, pepper and spinach leaves. Wait 30 seconds for the spinach leaves to wilt, then add the spinach and ricotta tortellini directly from the bag (no need to pre-cook).
- Add the pure cream, and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to low, place the lid on and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir through the parmesan and serve.
- Top with extra parmesan and chilli oil if using.
MAKE AHEAD – Best made and served immediately otherwise, see reheating instructions below.
LEFTOVERS – Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw completely in the fridge overnight to reheat. Reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins